- ‘Vaccine resistant’ pertussis – in a way, yes. In a more accurate way, no.
- Why the Melanie's Marvelous Measles book rustles my jimmies
- The whooping cough vaccine – doesn’t increase your odds of getting any kind of whooping cough
- Whooping cough vaccination, pertussis and parapertussis: forty times more likely to be misunderstood?
- Hepatitis B vaccine: Preventing cancer, except for when it’s not actually given…
Ri Scarborough on ‘Vaccine resistant… Has Whooping Cough E… on ‘Vaccine resistant… ‘Vaccine resis… on Has Whooping Cough Evolved Aro… erniepaul69izereckt on Has Whooping Cough Evolved Aro… kill3rtcell on 02 – Innate immunity
Category Archives: Australian Vaccination Network
Whooping cough vaccination, pertussis and parapertussis: forty times more likely to be misunderstood?
Two Bordetella species of bacteria regularly cause the disease known as whooping cough in humans, Bordetella pertussis and Bordetella parapertussis. Of the two, B. pertussis causes much more severe disease, with a rate of about 1 fatality per 125 cases … Continue reading
One of the commentors over on the Australian Anti-Vaccination Network’s facebook page challenged the group’s president – Meryl Dorey – to comment on a hypothetical scenario as a way of discussing the utility of vaccination against Hepatitis B (Hep B). … Continue reading
Has Whooping Cough Evolved Around The Current Vaccine? Reflections On The (Then) Current Scientific Evidence
Before reading this post be aware that more recent news regarding these genes in wild pertussis population has come up, with American isolates recently identified to have lost all pertactin expression in a way not detectable to the previous normal … Continue reading
As is quickly shaping up as somewhat of a popular issue within the Skeptiverse, Meryl Dorey (president of the anti-vaccine lobby group the Australian Vaccination Network) will be giving a talk at this year’s Woodford Folk Festival. This fact has … Continue reading